TGeneric Lipitor is used as a combination therapy along with proper diet and exercise for treating various atherosclerotic vascular ailments caused by high levels of cholesterol in the blood. Generic Lipitor can be used by patients who have high potential of facing coronary heart disease because of various factors such as low HDL-C, genetic traits of coronary diseases, age and excessive smoking. In such patients, generic Lipitor:
- Lessens chest pain and requirements of revascularization procedures
- Reduces chances of stroke
- Lowers the possibility of myocardial infarction
When used for type 2 diabetic patients and the patient displays various factors such as high blood pressure, albuminuria, excessive tobacco smoking or retinopathy; generic Lipitor reduces chances of myocardial infarction and stroke.
When the patient is already showing signs of coronary heart disease, the use of generic Lyrica will lessen chances of:
- Non-fatal myocardial infarction
- Fatal & non-fatal stroke
- Revascularization procedures
- CHF problems
- Chest pain
Generic Lipitor is also used in various disorders caused by the presence of high lipid levels in the patient’s blood.
How To Use
TGeneric Lipitor is usually suggested for a single dose everyday. Available in tablet format, this medication should be taken in the same quantity as prescribed by the doctor. Generic Lipitor can be taken with or without meals. The patient is ideally started off on a low dose and then moved on to a higher dose gradually, depending on the patient’s reactions. Any change in dosage is ideally suggested over a period of fifteen to 30 days with the change occurring not more than once a week.
Lipitor use can tend to have some adverse reactions along with benefits. Although side effects do not affect all users compulsorily, yet users should buy Lipitor after evaluating the significance of these reactions with their physicians. Following are some of the rare yet serious side effects that have been observed in Lipitor users:
- Respiration or gulping problems
- Reduced desire to eat
- Bloating of facial features, limbs and various joints
- Aching or sensitive muscles
- Aching in the upper portion of the abdomen
- Skin irritation
- Need to scratch
- High temperature
- Unusual blood flow or injury marks
Other milder side effects include:
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Aching head
- Aching joints
As in most prescription drugs, Generic Lipitor may react with various medications. Users should tell their physicians about all the ongoing medications, supplements and medicinal products being taken, before starting generic Atorvastatin use. Following are some of the medications that tend to interact with Lipitor: Antifungal medications; Tagamet; Biaxin; Lanoxin; Cardizem, Cartia, Taztia, Tiazac; E. E. S., E-Mycin, Erythrocin; Sustiva; oral contraceptives; other cholesterol-lowering medications; certain medications used in combination for HIV; medications that suppress the immune system; and Aldactone.
Generic Lipitor Overdose In case of Lipitor overdose, users should immediately call 1-800-222-1222. Caregivers should call 911 if the patient has lost consciousness or is unable to breathe properly.
Generic Lipitor Missed Dose
Try to take each dose at a fixed time every day to avoid missing out on any doses. Yet, if the patient forgets a dose, it should be taken as soon as it is observed. If the next dose is in a short time, the user should ignore the missed dose and stick to the normal dose. Increasing the dosage to make up for missed dose may cause patients to suffer from overdose.
Generic Lipitor should be kept in a tight container, which will prevent abuse by children and pets. Generic Lipitor should not be stored in direct sunlight, moisture or heat and should be disposed off properly on expiry. Generic Lipitor should be stored at controlled room temperature of 68oF to 77oF (20oC – 25oC).
- Users who are currently having or have had a medical history of hepatic infections should not take generic Lipitor unless advised by their physician.
- Patients who regularly drink more than a couple glasses of alcohol should disclose it to their physician before starting generic Lipitor use.
- Patients, who are planning to start a family or who accidently become pregnant during Lipitor use, should immediately contact their physician and understand the risks to the fetus.
- Breast-feeding mothers may cause harm to their child as Lipitor traces may reach the child through the milk. Further Lipitor use should be discussed with a physician.
- Users planning any kind of surgical procedures should disclose Lipitor use to their surgeons.
- Allergies especially to Atorvastatin or any of the components of the medication should be disclosed to the physician before starting its use.
- Patients with conditions of muscle ache, thyroid or renal complaints; diabetics should take Lipitor under proper physician’s guidance.
- Buy Generic Levitra Online – Purchase Generic Drugs like Propecia and more - August 24, 2013
- Buy Prozac online – Generic Prozac to treat major depressive orders - June 27, 2013
- Buy Generic Vermox online to treat various worm infections - February 22, 2013