Erectile dysfunction is a sexual disorder which affects about 30% of male population above 40 years. It is a frustrating problem having a great impact on the sexual life of both the partners. As the men become aged this problem becomes more prevalent. Erectile dysfunction is a condition in which the patient is unable to erect and maintain the stiffness and hardness of the penis required for the satisfactory physical intercourse. The men having ED gets devoid of pleasure and feeling of satisfaction felt during lovemaking.
What are the causes of erectile dysfunction?
1. Aging- this problem mainly occurs in men above 40 years of age.
2. Stress- today’s stressful life is a culprit for erection problems.
3. Medication- erectile dysfunction is the side effect of some medicines like propranolol, digoxin, indomethacin, lithium
4. Cardiovascular diseases- patients with heart diseases are more prone to erectile dysfunction
6. Diabetes Mellitus
7. Low testosterone level
8. Anxiety and depression- these are the mental conditions which can lead to loss of interest in sexual activity.
9. Smoking- smoking increases the risk for erectile dysfunction.
10. Drug abuse- alcoholism and addiction of drugs like marijuana, cocaine can result in lowering of testosterone levels which is important for erection.
11. Other diseases like prostate cancer, multiple sclerosis.
What is the treatment for erectile dysfunction?
Treatment of erectile dysfunction involves two facets- one is improvement in lifestyle and second one is the medicines.
LIFESTYLE IMPROVEMENT: It plays a major role. Doing regular exercise, smoking cessation, abstinence of alcohol, controlling high blood pressure, optimizing blood glucose levels in diabetic patients are some of the measures if employed with oral medicines can help a lot in managing erectile dysfunction
ORAL MEDICATION: Medicines cannot treat erectile dysfunction permanently. Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors are the medicines which are used for the symptomatic treatment of erectile dysfunction. These are the medicine which blocks cGMP specific Phosphodiesterase type 5. cGMP is responsible for the erection as it dilates the penile blood vessels and carry out smooth muscle relaxation of the penis. This physiological process results in pooling of blood in the penile tissue and thus erection occurs. Phosphodiesterase type 5 is an enzyme which destroys cGMP by blocking the production of the PDE 5, thus it augments the concentration of cGMP and bring out erection.
Examples of Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors are Viagra, Penegra, Avana, Apcalis oral jelly, cavetra, suhagra, Cialis. All these medicines and many other PDE 5 inhibitors are listed on our website www.buygenericmed.com